Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco De Mayo

Well i got back from Muskegon a little early today from dropping my girlfriend off and decided to make it a poker night to take my mind off my real life for a little bit.

Sat down and started playing a little .50/1 NL ring game on Absolute Poker. I grainded it out for about 3 hours and was still about even for the time being after some ups and downs. K high flushes losing to A high flushes on the flop and so on. Then i was just so lucky as to get KK and get all my money in preflop...and like usual i was up against AA. But the AP gods were sent down and let me catch a K on the flop and snap those Aces up that guy's ass for once. After that i decided it was prolly a good idea to stop and left ahead +$73 bucks.

Next was the $5 rebuy on AP and after a few beats i was in for $25 total sitting with 9K after the break and addon period. I doubled up when i hit a boat against a guy's nut flush that we both hit on the river and jumped into the top 10 with 90 players left from the original 138 that started. I ended up running card dead to hell with about 18 left in the tourney and got really short stacked. I limped into the final table and was in last place. My A 6 of diamonds against A 5 os doubles me up to about 45K but still short stacked. I pushed on the button with A 9 suited and the big blind picks up A 10 suited and calls me and i get knocked out in 9th place for a whopping +$43 profit. But hell ill take $5 bucks from anything that's poker related.

Right now im running in 3rd in the 4K guaranteed on AP with 30 players left out of the original 218 we started with. I got a big stack going early and jumped up to 10K but then donked some of it away with AK vs. JJ and lost that race. Then went card dead again until about 10 hands ago. Picked up AQ and decided to make a move at a guy i put on AK with a 33576 board with 3 clubs on the board. I called an 1800 bet on the turn just to take the pot away if a 3rd club hit and it did so i pushed and he folded just like i thought he would. Then i picked up AA and doubled up against AK on a K high flop and now im just leaning on the table and pickin up the blinds because it's the bubble time and nobody wants to go out on the bubble. :) Ill give you an update tomorrow on how this one turned out.

But for now goodnight and until next time....Fuck action flops and fuck lee jones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home